TaG Cycling Youth Development – Cycling Prodigies Project
- Please be sure to click the box on the bottom of the donation page to share my contact details so TaG can acknowledge your gift
TaG Youth Development Race Team Fundraiser
January 9th – Ride with Ryder Future Champions
Thank you TaG Riders !
Ryder has generously offered his time to host a “Fun” evening of Riding and Raising Funds for the TaG Youth Race Team
TaG Cycling Youth Race has developed future champions since 2012. The year Ryder won the Giro D’Italia!
Since that time TaG Youth have won 16 National Titles, placed riders on the National Team and even put a rider on a European Pro Tour development team, Sunweb.
Programs like ours are crucial to bridge young riders to potential teams in their early senior years and on to successfully competing at an elite level.
We rely greatly on help from lovers of the sport in the cycling community.
This January 9th Ryder has offered to host an Indoor Class at TaG.with.a few special Olympian guest Andreas Hestler, who will attend and Co Coach. There will be a raffle for Ryder’s Trek 2016 jersey in his last professional year and other special items TBA. Local TaG Cycling Race team members will be in attendance and helping out. Post class we will have a casual Pizza and Wine party in Edgemont, North Van. Included in the ticket price.
Race Team Update Dec 1, 2019
2020 Team Roster
- Ethan Pauley
- Thomas Schellenberg
- Sean Richardson
- Jacob Rubuliak
- Jackson Bocksnick
- Evan Russell
- Caleb Bender
- Aeden Crocker
- Elle Bush – Race Age: 18 Hometown: Aldergrove, BC Year Racing: 6
-2019 Highlights: Bronze Medal Canadian Criterium Champs, Gold BC Criterium Champs
-2020 Goal: Win Canadian Road and Criterium Champs / Qualify for World Champs
- Tori Kalyniuk – Race Age: 18 Hometown: Victoria, BC Year Racing: 5
-2019 Highlight: Up-grade to category 3, racing with Elites at BC Superweek
-2020 Goal: Continue to get high performance opportunities
- Kaelen Coles-Lyster – Race Age: 18 Hometown: Maple Ridge, BC Year Racing: 6
-2019 Highlight: Third place at Hayman Classic Criterium, Winning US Cat 4 cross race
-2020 Goal: Move up to Category 3 / help team mates qualify for World Championships
- Ana Large – Race Age: 17 Hometown: Kelowna, BC Years Racing: 6
-2019 Highlight: Racing Tour de L’Avenir, racing full time bikes
-2020 Goal: Top 3 BC Championship Road race and Cyclocross race / get European race experience
- Emily Johnston – Race Age: 18 Hometown: Comox, BC Year Racing: 5
-2019 Highlight: Racing MTB World Championships, Bronze Medal Canadian National TT Champs
-2020 Goal: Qualify for Road World Champs / get more European race experience
Team Schedule (some races apply only to U23)
- March Training Camp Tucson
- March Local Racing Vancouver,BC
- April Joe Martins Stage Race AK UCI Race
- April Redlands CA.
- April Local Racing Vancouver, BC
- April Walla Walla WA
- May Local Racing Vancouver, BC
- May Tour e Bloom WA
- May Enumclaw WA
- May/June Provincial Elite and Junior Road Champs, BC
- May European project. U23 & Juniors. Separate projects. FR UCI Racing
- June Cascade Classic (tent) UCI Race
- June Tour de Beauce. QU
- June National Champs, QUE UCI Race
- July Superweek Vancouver, BC UCI Race
- Finish the season with key Fondo events and ride with Sponsors
Race Team Update , Sept 2019
Our progression from 2012 to 2019 has been from introducing new talent to cycling’s pool, to creating an environment for talented, committed young riders to make the right choices and take steps towards major international opportunities.
From a raw young team that won the Junior Mens National Team Pursuit title in 2014 we have grown and generated 16 National titles, 3 World Championship medals, many provincial titles and podium finishes at major international events.
Once again a successful year, Jacob Rubuliak has been selected for the World Championship Road Race and ITT. He is first year junior.
2019 we had 1 young rider contracted by Sunweb in Holland on their development squad. In his 1st year as a U23 this year he finished top 10 at the prestigious Tour de Beauce 2019 when he can back to attend with our TaG Cycling BC project
2020 will be one of our strongest teams to date. We will develop the young riders into International fields by providing key European racing experience. We will nurture our U21 men as they make the difficult move to senior racing from junior in their first few years.
•Jacob Rubuliak is Junior National Champion in the Time Trial
•Jacob Rubuliak 3rd in Tour l’Abitibi TT & 4th in Individual Classification.
•Emily Johnson is Bronze at Nationals in TT and 4th in the Road Race
•Ethan Pauly is U23 Provincial Road Champion.
•2019 Evan Russell is 5th at Nationals Junior Mens Road Race
•BailiGuidi is 2nd at the U23 Provincial TT Championships
•Ethan Pauly successfully completed Tour de Beauce at 19 years old. The composite team sent by TaG Cycling was 6th place overall.
•Evan Russell,Eric Inkster and Aeden Crocker selected to Team BC for Tour de l’Abitibi
•Jacob Rubuliak selected to Team Canada for Tour de l’Abitibi and World Championships
September , 2018 Team Sunweb are pleased to welcome Ben Katerberg (CAN) to their Development program for the upcoming two seasons…. full story click here
TaG Cycling Race Team Voted Best In BC
Congratulations to our amazing crew.They are.all under 23 and beat out all the senior teams in BC!
TaGTrained .What an amazing year. Also top BC Male and Female athletes were our TaG Riders Maggie Coles Lyster and Cam Fitzmaurice. Looking forward to 2017.
2017 Team Line-Up
We are very proud to have such talented athletes on our team.
- U23 Men: Cam Fitzmaurice, James Grant, Maxwell Kelsch
- U23 / Elite Women : Callie Swan, Isabella Bertold. Esta Bovill
- Junior Girls: Maggie Coles-Lyster, Micaiah Besler, Julia Long
- U17 Girl: Kaelen Coles-Lyster
- Junior Boys: Mark Grant, Erik Diertens, Ben Katerberg, Isaac van der Vliet
- U17 Boys: Conor Martin, Tyler Davies, Evan Russell, Skylar Beauregard
- Mountain Bike: Stephanie Denroche, Julia Long, Evan Russell
TaG Cycling Race Team Updates- 2017
August 26 – 2017 – Maggie Coles Lyster followed up on her Silver in the Omnium with Winning the World Champonships in the Points Race!! She even crashed in the race and still won !
We are very excited to be fielding a team for this year’s White Sport Delta UCI 1.2 Delta Women’s Road Race. This will be the first time TaG Cycling Race Team has had the opportunity to enter a race at this level.
We have been able to acquire Gillian Carleton to guest ride with our team in a competitive race mentor role. Gillian is a London Olympic Bronze medalist who is preparing to return to the National Team. Maggie has been given a special up-grade to compete in this race as she is a Junior, and along with Isabella and Callie will complete our team of 4. Super exciting!
Maggie will be competing again at the World Junior Track Championships and goes there as a favourite to win. Remember she was bronze last year.
Although this is track, it provides a very strong avenue for her to move towards her mission to compete at the Games in Tokyo in 2020.
As an accomplished road and track athlete she will have a strong foot into make her way down that path. Lots can happen but so far her progression is really solid and as an 18 year old.. this certainly wont be her last chance.
Conor Martin who you remember crashed badly in the spring, is back racing and feeling positive.
Cam Fitzmaurice is also back in the mix and will be someone to watch at Superweek.
Ben Katerberg just continues to ride like a gem.
Best of luck to them all this weekend at Nationals!!
BC Road and TT Championships – May 27, 28 / Langley, BC
The team entered the BC Road and TT Championships looking to not only continue their preparations for Nationals, but to win some Championship Jersey’s. All our Juniors competed hard, with most of them competing in the Elite categories.
Maggie competed in one of her best road races ever, and even though she is still a Junior, won the BC Elite Women’s Road Race. Coaches Esta and Chris also won BC Championships in their Master categories.
TaG’s Top Results:
- • Maggie Coles-Lyster – 1st Elite Road Championships
- • Esta Bovill – 1st BC Master Road & TT Championships / 2nd Canadian Master TT Championships
- • Chris Worsford(Coach) – 1st BC Master Road Championships
It is great to finally have our biggest spring races here. Over the past month, we participated in 3 of the largest stage races in the Pacific Northwest including Race the Ridge, Tour de Bloom and Mutual of Enumclaw Stage Race.
RACE the RIDGE – April 29, 30 / Maple Ridge, BC
The team’s first stage race of the year provided tough courses with large, competitive fields. We had 11 riders compete in the 2-Day / 3-Race event with some solid results.
TaG’s Top Results:
- Maggie Coles-Lyster – 2nd GC Elite
- Ben Katerburg – 2nd GC Cat 3
- Issac Van der vliet – 4th GC Cat 3
- Esta Bovill – 2nd GC Cat 3
- Isabella Bertold – 4th GC Cat 3
TOUR de BLOOM – May 4 to 7 / Wenatchee, Washington
A group of 7 riders made the scenic 5-hour journey to Wenatchee to compete in this 3-Day / 4-Race event. It is nice to see the hard training that these young riders commit to starting to pay off.
TaG’s Top Results:
- Ben Katerburg – 2nd Road Race # 1 / 5th GC Cat 3
- Esta Bovill – 4th in Hill Climb / 6th GC Cat 3
- Maggie Coles-Lyster – 2nd in Road Race #1 / 2nd in Criterium / 1st Road Race #3
ENUMCLAW STAGE RACE – May 19 to 21 / Enumclaw, Washington
On our second trip to the USA, and with Nationals 5-weeks away, it was time for all team riders to set the bar even higher for these races. Our team rose to the occasion with some very hard, aggressive racing topped off with some outstanding results. We had 10 riders compete in this 2-Day / 3-Race event.
TaG’s Top Results:
- Ben Katerburg – 3rd in TT / 1st in Road Race / 2nd in GC Cat 3
- Evan Russell – 1st in Road Race / 4th in GC Cat 4
- Maggie Coles-Lyster – 2nd in Criterium / Flatted in Road Race!
TaG Cycling Race Team Report -2017
With Spring finally in the air, TaG Cycling Race Team is progressing nicely into form to again be Canada’s top development race team. With new riders, equipment and support in place, the team is not only preparing to win on the race course, but to represent its sponsors and supporters in a professional, responsible manner.
Team Training Camp
We had a Team Training Camp back on March 11 and 12, based in the Lower Mainland. The training camp included 2-days of road racing at Spring Series races, a team meeting and a team dinner. It was a great opportunity for the team to bond, and for team staff to discuss our 2017 season plan with the team.
Junior Track Nationals Success
We had 3 riders make the journey to Milton, Ontario for the Canadian Junior Track Championships on March 30 to April 2. These riders were Maggie Coles-Lyster, Tyler Davies and our new rider from Saskatchewan, Micaiah Besler.
Maggie dominated the Junior Women’s category winning 10 medals, including 8 Gold. She also secured her spot on the National Team for the 2017 World Junior Track Championships. Micaiah also had a very successful event, winning 6 medals including 2 Gold in her first major track event. Tyler also had success with 3 medals including 1 Gold in the Team Sprint.
It was a pleasure to have the opportunities as team manager to support these amazing athletes at such a high caliber track event.
2017 Team Race Schedule remaining
Race Event Date
- Race the Ridge April 29, 30
- Tour de Bloom May 5 to 8
- Hatzic Valley RR May 14
- Enumclaw May 19 to 21
- BC Road / TT Champs May 27, 28
- Victoria Cycling Classic June 2 to 4
- Hayman Classic Youth Stage Race June 8 to 11
- NRC Crits Ottawa June 20
- Canadian National Road Champs June 24 to 28
- BC Superweek July 7 to 16
- North West Junior Stage Race August 2 and 3
- BC Youth Championships July 29, 30
- Cypress Challenge August
- Gran Fondo Whistler September 9
Our Thanks for making this happen to Kim and Bob Disbrow, Reid Carter, Paddy Downey, Kevin Mahon, Randy Turner, Adam Korbin, Greg Pallone, Dan Bowditch, Bernard LeRoux and Jay Menning.
Thank you for product and service support to Elladee Brown, Lutz and Nick Brode, James Wilson,Fraser Vaage, and Michael Wegner .
TaG CYCLING YOUTH was founded in 2012.
The Mission is to recruit, develop and mentor youth talents in cycling through a specifically targeted program with the goal to be continuation in the sport at an elite level.
The TaG Race Team have become a forceful riding group who have learned Team Work and Discipline, and have also achieved an impressive set of results.
TaG Cycling provides coaching direction, indoor training facility and support throughout the season at Race events. The goals of the team are aligned with those of the provincial and national team programs for progression to National and World Championships.
TaG also provides the Junior and Espoir riders work opportunities with the company in the studios and at camps and clinics. This enables them to earn and support their racing whilst learning valuable work and social skills
2016 – Team Update
You know we are VERY proud of our young elite riders on the TaG Cycling Race Team. All are 15 to 21 years old.
Their cumulative achievements in 2016 are inspiring. Here are just a few..
- World Championship Bronze Medal. Maggie Coles Lyster
- 11 National Titles. Cam Fitzmaurice,Maggie Coles Lyster,Tyler Davies,Stephanie denRoche
- 10 Provincial Titles Cam Fitzmaurice,James and Mark Grant Conor Martin and Ben Katerberg. Maggie Coles Lyster,
- Stephanie denRoche and Julia Long
- National Stage Race Tour of Rimouski title Ben Katerberg
Additional National Podiums Conor Martin, Cam Fitzmaurice, John Wilcox,Maggie Coles Lyster,Julia Long
Great Nationals for TaG Riders – Maggie – National Crit Champion , Cam – bronze in the Road race, James – with the 60km breakaway of the day!
May 2016 North Shore news
- Congratulations – Maggie Coles Lyster and Tyler Davies Gold In Team Sprint – National Champions
- Maggie Coles Lyster, John Wilcox and Cam Fitzmaurice qualify for Worlds !
2015 TaG Race Team members
Amiel Flett, Maxwell Kelsch, Christian Shubart Knapton
Cam Fitzmaurice, Max Duso, Rowan Morris, Brendan Armstrong, Matan Guttman
Coach: Tim Kilcullen
Director: Matt Barth
TaGCycling is very proud of the young posse of Racers we have developed since starting TaGYouth.
Our Elite Youth Road and Track Racers all under 23 posted some very significant results in their relatively short race career.There are currently 8 elite level racers aged cadet to espoir (16-20 years old) The junior (U19) racers have progressed from entry level to cycling in late 2012 to being National Champions in 2014! They are racing Road and Track to explore their abilities. Track has been identified as the most effective path for these young riders to master the sport and explore their potential.
The final goal for 2014 was the Junior Track Nationals in which they won the Junior Team Pursuit, Cadet Omnium and had a bronze in the Junior Omnium. This level of success was a surprise, but many elements were managed throughout their progression in 2 years, to facilitate it happening.
THE ACCOMPLISHMENTS “RACE TEAM” 2014
80 youths from various sports have joined us for Indoor training and riding development outdoors.
The TaG Race Team has evolved from this initiation to riding and racing. In under 2 short years they have become a forceful riding group. Racing road and track they have already a number of results. Now finishing first year , the Juniors, along with 3 espoir riders have had a promising list of accomplishments.
- Max Duso (17) won National Omnium Bronze and is Provincial Road Champion
- Brendan Armstrong (17) won bronze at Provincial Junior Road
- Cam Fitzmaurice (16)won the U 17 National and Provincial track omnium and is National Champion!
- Max Duso was top 10 in the Whistler Fondo Giro Race and all of the TaG Race Team were in the top 2 groups of racers in the Whistler Giro
- Duso,Armstrong,Morris and MacLeod National Team Pursuit Champions!!
Our Elite Mountain Bikers have also ridden incredibly well on the world stage.
Jack Iles – 2014 Jr World’s Team
- Crankworks 2014 – DH, Garbonzo and Air DH Jr Champion
- Canadian National Championships, 2014 – 2nd.
- Norco Factory Racing Team
Conrad Murdoch – BC Enduro Series #1 and #3, U19 1st place
- BC Enduro Series #2 and #4, U19 2nd place
- Oregeon Enduro Series #5, U19 3rd place
Finn Iles – 2014 Whip Off World Champion
- Canadian National Championship 2014. U17 3rd place
- Crankworks 2014 Garbonzo, U15, 1st
- Crankworks 2014 DH, U15, 1st
Georgia Astle – Canadian National Championships, 2014 U19 Citizen Champion
- Crankworks World Enduro Series #6 – 11th in Pro Category
- Crankworks 2014 – Garbonzo Jr Champion
- Mulitple Enduro wins in BC Enduro Cup.
For information on TaG Youth – Training to Train Programs Go to Youth Program