Thank you all for supporting TaG Cycling over the past 10 weeks of adjustment in the COVID 19 World.
Our primary concern has been to contribute to the flattening of the curve and the move towards a future model and return to play. We have been constantly adapting to guidelines for our sport and offering a variety of opportunities to stay TaG Trained
We have added a new version of Outdoor Power Hour – The protocol is Directed by the Physical Distancing guidelines by Cycling BC . We will continue to expand this and evolve within the guidelines and as we feel can properly benefit your training opportunity whilst maintaining safety for our riders and the coaches. June 21 we will start Sunday Outdoor Club rides following the same outdoor Guidelines
Outdoor Rides and Classes – view Complete TaG Covid-19 Outdoor safety plan
TaG Cycling is carefully opening the NVan Indoor studio following Guidelines outlined by Worksafe BC for gyms and fitness facilities
What does this look like at TaG?
- Indoor classes will run with a maximum number of physical participants. Additional riders will join virtually through Livestream registration.
- Smaller classes will be held. With strict physical distancing practices and lots of hand washing. A limited schedule check on line for class times “IN STUDIO”
- As in the past .TaG staff will set up and thoroughly clean your bike. New disinfectant will be added to cleaning solution for “cockpit” on the bike.
- All touch points on the Bikes will be sanitized before and after your ride.
- TaG staff walking around to assist may wear a mask if physical distancing can not be maintained.
- Riders must come dressed to ride, with appropriate outer wear to cover up before and after as needed. A small bag for shoes and water bottle can be brought in. At this time large gym bags cannot be brought in.
- Please put shoes with cleats on once in the studio space.
- Please bring your own towel, and fill your own water bottle
- Smaller class sizes will accommodate physical distancing in line with the parameters of 2 meters between bikes in the riding space. Initially there will be a maximum of 12 bikes used in the class.
- Benches and seating are spread apart and only 1 rider per bench is currently allowed.
- No fans will be directed at riders. The air conditioning will be on. We have invested in a high level Dyson HEBA Air Purifier/Fan.
- Riders must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before they enter the class space.
- All riders attending classes must be signed in on the TaG schedule as in the past.
- All riders need to sign the COVID 19 modified waiver.
- Use of shower facilities cannot be permitted at this time
Outdoor Rides and classes
- Physical Distancing
- Smaller groups. Staggered meeting times.
- As always it will be mandatory for riders to sign on. As part of the Worksafe directive. This is now part of the tracking process for the province.
- Riders will receive an email for Power HR Outodoor with meeting time and workout notes . Arrive warmed up and ready to ride. No congregating other than in personal bubbles with riders who live together
- Practice Social Distancing in meeting areas and on the road 1 Bike length is just about 6 feet
Do not attend an Indoor or Outdoor class if you have any symptoms of Covid-19 including fever, chills, new or worsening cough , shortness of breath, new muscle aches, headache, sore throat or if you have tested positive for Covid 19 in the last 14 days.
If you have travelled out of Canada within the last 14 days, or if you have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for Covid -9 in the last 14 days follow BC Health ministry Guidelines and do not attend an Outdoor class or Class in the studio.
If you believe you may have developed Covid-19 symptoms or test positive after attending a class or outdoor ride please notify TaG cycling immediately.
All riders must agree agree to TaG ONLINE waiver – updated June 17 , 2020
We will be constantly monitoring and updating our procedures and welcome feedback from our TaG Cycling community.