TaG Cycling Race Team Voted Best In BC
Congratulations to our amazing crew.They are.all under 23 and beat out all the senior teams in BC!
TaGTrained .What an amazing year. Also top BC Male and Female athletes were our TaG Riders Maggie Coles Lyster and Cam Fitzmaurice. Looking forward to 2017.
TaG Cycling Race Team Report -2017
With Spring finally in the air, TaG Cycling Race Team is progressing nicely into form to again be Canada’s top development race team. With new riders, equipment and support in place, the team is not only preparing to win on the race course, but to represent its sponsors and supporters in a professional, responsible manner.
Team Training Camp
We had a Team Training Camp back on March 11 and 12, based in the Lower Mainland. The training camp included 2-days of road racing at Spring Series races, a team meeting and a team dinner. It was a great opportunity for the team to bond, and for team staff to discuss our 2017 season plan with the team.
Junior Track Nationals Success
We had 3 riders make the journey to Milton, Ontario for the Canadian Junior Track Championships on March 30 to April 2. These riders were Maggie Coles-Lyster, Tyler Davies and our new rider from Saskatchewan, Micaiah Besler.
Maggie dominated the Junior Women’s category winning 10 medals, including 8 Gold. She also secured her spot on the National Team for the 2017 World Junior Track Championships. Micaiah also had a very successful event, winning 6 medals including 2 Gold in her first major track event. Tyler also had success with 3 medals including 1 Gold in the Team Sprint.
It was a pleasure to have the opportunities as team manager to support these amazing athletes at such a high caliber track event.
2017 Team Line-Up
We are very proud to have such talented athletes on our team.
- U23 Men: Cam Fitzmaurice, James Grant, Maxwell Kelsch
- U23 / Elite Women : Callie Swan, Isabella Bertold. Esta Bovill
- Junior Girls: Maggie Coles-Lyster, Micaiah Besler, Julia Long
- U17 Girl: Kaelen Coles-Lyster
- Junior Boys: Mark Grant, Erik Diertens, Ben Katerberg, Isaac van der Vliet
- U17 Boys: Conor Martin, Tyler Davies, Evan Russell, Skylar Beauregard
- Mountain Bike: Stephanie Denroche, Julia Long, Evan Russell
Team Manager / Director: Barry Lyster
2017 Team Race Schedule remaining
Race Event Date
- Race the Ridge April 29, 30
- Tour de Bloom May 5 to 8
- Hatzic Valley RR May 14
- Enumclaw May 19 to 21
- BC Road / TT Champs May 27, 28
- Victoria Cycling Classic June 2 to 4
- Hayman Classic Youth Stage Race June 8 to 11
- NRC Crits Ottawa June 20
- Canadian National Road Champs June 24 to 28
- BC Superweek July 7 to 16
- North West Junior Stage Race August 2 and 3
- BC Youth Championships July 29, 30
- Cypress Challenge August
- Gran Fondo Whistler September 9
Our Thanks for making this happen to Kim and Bob Disbrow, Reid Carter, Paddy Downey, Kevin Mahon, Randy Turner, Adam Korbin, Greg Pallone, Dan Bowditch, Bernard LeRoux and Jay Menning.
Thank you for product and service support to Elladee Brown, Lutz and Nick Brode, James Wilson,Fraser Vaage, and Michael Wegner .
TaG CYCLING YOUTH was founded in 2012.
The Mission is to recruit, develop and mentor youth talents in cycling through a specifically targeted program with the goal to be continuation in the sport at an elite level.
The TaG Race Team have become a forceful riding group who have learned Team Work and Discipline, and have also achieved an impressive set of results.
TaG Cycling provides coaching direction, indoor training facility and support throughout the season at Race events. The goals of the team are aligned with those of the provincial and national team programs for progression to National and World Championships.
TaG also provides the Junior and Espoir riders work opportunities with the company in the studios and at camps and clinics. This enables them to earn and support their racing whilst learning valuable work and social skills
2016 – Team Update
You know we are VERY proud of our young elite riders on the TaG Cycling Race Team. All are 15 to 21 years old.
Their cumulative achievements in 2016 are inspiring. Here are just a few..
- World Championship Bronze Medal. Maggie Coles Lyster
- 11 National Titles. Cam Fitzmaurice,Maggie Coles Lyster,Tyler Davies,Stephanie denRoche
- 10 Provincial Titles Cam Fitzmaurice,James and Mark Grant Conor Martin and Ben Katerberg. Maggie Coles Lyster,
- Stephanie denRoche and Julia Long
- National Stage Race Tour of Rimouski title Ben Katerberg
Additional National Podiums Conor Martin, Cam Fitzmaurice, John Wilcox,Maggie Coles Lyster,Julia Long
Great Nationals for TaG Riders – Maggie – National Crit Champion , Cam – bronze in the Road race, James – with the 60km breakaway of the day!
May 2016 North Shore news
- Congratulations – Maggie Coles Lyster and Tyler Davies Gold In Team Sprint – National Champions
- Maggie Coles Lyster, John Wilcox and Cam Fitzmaurice qualify for Worlds !
2015 TaG Race Team members
Amiel Flett, Maxwell Kelsch, Christian Shubart Knapton
Cam Fitzmaurice, Max Duso, Rowan Morris, Brendan Armstrong, Matan Guttman
Coach: Tim Kilcullen
Director: Matt Barth
TaGCycling is very proud of the young posse of Racers we have developed since starting TaGYouth.
Our Elite Youth Road and Track Racers all under 23 posted some very significant results in their relatively short race career.There are currently 8 elite level racers aged cadet to espoir (16-20 years old) The junior (U19) racers have progressed from entry level to cycling in late 2012 to being National Champions in 2014! They are racing Road and Track to explore their abilities. Track has been identified as the most effective path for these young riders to master the sport and explore their potential.
The final goal for 2014 was the Junior Track Nationals in which they won the Junior Team Pursuit, Cadet Omnium and had a bronze in the Junior Omnium. This level of success was a surprise, but many elements were managed throughout their progression in 2 years, to facilitate it happening.
THE ACCOMPLISHMENTS “RACE TEAM” 2014
80 youths from various sports have joined us for Indoor training and riding development outdoors.
The TaG Race Team has evolved from this initiation to riding and racing. In under 2 short years they have become a forceful riding group. Racing road and track they have already a number of results. Now finishing first year , the Juniors, along with 3 espoir riders have had a promising list of accomplishments.
- Max Duso (17) won National Omnium Bronze and is Provincial Road Champion
- Brendan Armstrong (17) won bronze at Provincial Junior Road
- Cam Fitzmaurice (16)won the U 17 National and Provincial track omnium and is National Champion!
- Max Duso was top 10 in the Whistler Fondo Giro Race and all of the TaG Race Team were in the top 2 groups of racers in the Whistler Giro
- Duso,Armstrong,Morris and MacLeod National Team Pursuit Champions!!
Our Elite Mountain Bikers have also ridden incredibly well on the world stage.
Jack Iles – 2014 Jr World’s Team
- Crankworks 2014 – DH, Garbonzo and Air DH Jr Champion
- Canadian National Championships, 2014 – 2nd.
- Norco Factory Racing Team
Conrad Murdoch – BC Enduro Series #1 and #3, U19 1st place
- BC Enduro Series #2 and #4, U19 2nd place
- Oregeon Enduro Series #5, U19 3rd place
Finn Iles – 2014 Whip Off World Champion
- Canadian National Championship 2014. U17 3rd place
- Crankworks 2014 Garbonzo, U15, 1st
- Crankworks 2014 DH, U15, 1st
Georgia Astle – Canadian National Championships, 2014 U19 Citizen Champion
- Crankworks World Enduro Series #6 – 11th in Pro Category
- Crankworks 2014 – Garbonzo Jr Champion
- Mulitple Enduro wins in BC Enduro Cup.
For information on TaG Youth – Training to Train Programs Go to Youth Program