TaG Cycling Race Team Voted Best In BC
Congratulations to our amazing crew.They are.all under 23 and beat out all the senior teams in BC!
TaGTrained .What an amazing year. Also top BC Male and Female athletes were our TaG Riders Maggie Coles Lyster and Cam Fitzmaurice. Looking forward to 2017.
2017 Team Line-Up
We are very proud to have such talented athletes on our team.
- U23 Men: Cam Fitzmaurice, James Grant, Maxwell Kelsch
- U23 / Elite Women : Callie Swan, Isabella Bertold. Esta Bovill
- Junior Girls: Maggie Coles-Lyster, Micaiah Besler, Julia Long
- U17 Girl: Kaelen Coles-Lyster
- Junior Boys: Mark Grant, Erik Diertens, Ben Katerberg, Isaac van der Vliet
- U17 Boys: Conor Martin, Tyler Davies, Evan Russell, Skylar Beauregard
- Mountain Bike: Stephanie Denroche, Julia Long, Evan Russell
TaG Cycling Race Team Updates- 2017
August 26 – 2017 – Maggie Coles Lyster followed up on her Silver in the Omnium with Winning the World Champonships in the Points Race!! She even crashed in the race and still won !
We are very excited to be fielding a team for this year’s White Sport Delta UCI 1.2 Delta Women’s Road Race. This will be the first time TaG Cycling Race Team has had the opportunity to enter a race at this level.
We have been able to acquire Gillian Carleton to guest ride with our team in a competitive race mentor role. Gillian is a London Olympic Bronze medalist who is preparing to return to the National Team. Maggie has been given a special up-grade to compete in this race as she is a Junior, and along with Isabella and Callie will complete our team of 4. Super exciting!
Maggie will be competing again at the World Junior Track Championships and goes there as a favourite to win. Remember she was bronze last year.
Although this is track, it provides a very strong avenue for her to move towards her mission to compete at the Games in Tokyo in 2020.
As an accomplished road and track athlete she will have a strong foot into make her way down that path. Lots can happen but so far her progression is really solid and as an 18 year old.. this certainly wont be her last chance.
Conor Martin who you remember crashed badly in the spring, is back racing and feeling positive.
Cam Fitzmaurice is also back in the mix and will be someone to watch at Superweek.
Ben Katerberg just continues to ride like a gem.
Best of luck to them all this weekend at Nationals!!
BC Road and TT Championships – May 27, 28 / Langley, BC
The team entered the BC Road and TT Championships looking to not only continue their preparations for Nationals, but to win some Championship Jersey’s. All our Juniors competed hard, with most of them competing in the Elite categories.
Maggie competed in one of her best road races ever, and even though she is still a Junior, won the BC Elite Women’s Road Race. Coaches Esta and Chris also won BC Championships in their Master categories.
TaG’s Top Results:
- • Maggie Coles-Lyster – 1st Elite Road Championships
- • Esta Bovill – 1st BC Master Road & TT Championships / 2nd Canadian Master TT Championships
- • Chris Worsford(Coach) – 1st BC Master Road Championships
It is great to finally have our biggest spring races here. Over the past month, we participated in 3 of the largest stage races in the Pacific Northwest including Race the Ridge, Tour de Bloom and Mutual of Enumclaw Stage Race.
RACE the RIDGE – April 29, 30 / Maple Ridge, BC
The team’s first stage race of the year provided tough courses with large, competitive fields. We had 11 riders compete in the 2-Day / 3-Race event with some solid results.
TaG’s Top Results:
- Maggie Coles-Lyster – 2nd GC Elite
- Ben Katerburg – 2nd GC Cat 3
- Issac Van der vliet – 4th GC Cat 3
- Esta Bovill – 2nd GC Cat 3
- Isabella Bertold – 4th GC Cat 3
TOUR de BLOOM – May 4 to 7 / Wenatchee, Washington
A group of 7 riders made the scenic 5-hour journey to Wenatchee to compete in this 3-Day / 4-Race event. It is nice to see the hard training that these young riders commit to starting to pay off.
TaG’s Top Results:
- Ben Katerburg – 2nd Road Race # 1 / 5th GC Cat 3
- Esta Bovill – 4th in Hill Climb / 6th GC Cat 3
- Maggie Coles-Lyster – 2nd in Road Race #1 / 2nd in Criterium / 1st Road Race #3
ENUMCLAW STAGE RACE – May 19 to 21 / Enumclaw, Washington
On our second trip to the USA, and with Nationals 5-weeks away, it was time for all team riders to set the bar even higher for these races. Our team rose to the occasion with some very hard, aggressive racing topped off with some outstanding results. We had 10 riders compete in this 2-Day / 3-Race event.
TaG’s Top Results:
- Ben Katerburg – 3rd in TT / 1st in Road Race / 2nd in GC Cat 3
- Evan Russell – 1st in Road Race / 4th in GC Cat 4
- Maggie Coles-Lyster – 2nd in Criterium / Flatted in Road Race!
TaG Cycling Race Team Report -2017
With Spring finally in the air, TaG Cycling Race Team is progressing nicely into form to again be Canada’s top development race team. With new riders, equipment and support in place, the team is not only preparing to win on the race course, but to represent its sponsors and supporters in a professional, responsible manner.
Team Training Camp
We had a Team Training Camp back on March 11 and 12, based in the Lower Mainland. The training camp included 2-days of road racing at Spring Series races, a team meeting and a team dinner. It was a great opportunity for the team to bond, and for team staff to discuss our 2017 season plan with the team.
Junior Track Nationals Success
We had 3 riders make the journey to Milton, Ontario for the Canadian Junior Track Championships on March 30 to April 2. These riders were Maggie Coles-Lyster, Tyler Davies and our new rider from Saskatchewan, Micaiah Besler.
Maggie dominated the Junior Women’s category winning 10 medals, including 8 Gold. She also secured her spot on the National Team for the 2017 World Junior Track Championships. Micaiah also had a very successful event, winning 6 medals including 2 Gold in her first major track event. Tyler also had success with 3 medals including 1 Gold in the Team Sprint.
It was a pleasure to have the opportunities as team manager to support these amazing athletes at such a high caliber track event.
2017 Team Race Schedule remaining
Race Event Date
- Race the Ridge April 29, 30
- Tour de Bloom May 5 to 8
- Hatzic Valley RR May 14
- Enumclaw May 19 to 21
- BC Road / TT Champs May 27, 28
- Victoria Cycling Classic June 2 to 4
- Hayman Classic Youth Stage Race June 8 to 11
- NRC Crits Ottawa June 20
- Canadian National Road Champs June 24 to 28
- BC Superweek July 7 to 16
- North West Junior Stage Race August 2 and 3
- BC Youth Championships July 29, 30
- Cypress Challenge August
- Gran Fondo Whistler September 9
Our Thanks for making this happen to Kim and Bob Disbrow, Reid Carter, Paddy Downey, Kevin Mahon, Randy Turner, Adam Korbin, Greg Pallone, Dan Bowditch, Bernard LeRoux and Jay Menning.
Thank you for product and service support to Elladee Brown, Lutz and Nick Brode, James Wilson,Fraser Vaage, and Michael Wegner .
TaG CYCLING YOUTH was founded in 2012.
The Mission is to recruit, develop and mentor youth talents in cycling through a specifically targeted program with the goal to be continuation in the sport at an elite level.
The TaG Race Team have become a forceful riding group who have learned Team Work and Discipline, and have also achieved an impressive set of results.
TaG Cycling provides coaching direction, indoor training facility and support throughout the season at Race events. The goals of the team are aligned with those of the provincial and national team programs for progression to National and World Championships.
TaG also provides the Junior and Espoir riders work opportunities with the company in the studios and at camps and clinics. This enables them to earn and support their racing whilst learning valuable work and social skills
2016 – Team Update
You know we are VERY proud of our young elite riders on the TaG Cycling Race Team. All are 15 to 21 years old.
Their cumulative achievements in 2016 are inspiring. Here are just a few..
- World Championship Bronze Medal. Maggie Coles Lyster
- 11 National Titles. Cam Fitzmaurice,Maggie Coles Lyster,Tyler Davies,Stephanie denRoche
- 10 Provincial Titles Cam Fitzmaurice,James and Mark Grant Conor Martin and Ben Katerberg. Maggie Coles Lyster,
- Stephanie denRoche and Julia Long
- National Stage Race Tour of Rimouski title Ben Katerberg
Additional National Podiums Conor Martin, Cam Fitzmaurice, John Wilcox,Maggie Coles Lyster,Julia Long
Great Nationals for TaG Riders – Maggie – National Crit Champion , Cam – bronze in the Road race, James – with the 60km breakaway of the day!
May 2016 North Shore news
- Congratulations – Maggie Coles Lyster and Tyler Davies Gold In Team Sprint – National Champions
- Maggie Coles Lyster, John Wilcox and Cam Fitzmaurice qualify for Worlds !
2015 TaG Race Team members
Amiel Flett, Maxwell Kelsch, Christian Shubart Knapton
Cam Fitzmaurice, Max Duso, Rowan Morris, Brendan Armstrong, Matan Guttman
Coach: Tim Kilcullen
Director: Matt Barth
TaGCycling is very proud of the young posse of Racers we have developed since starting TaGYouth.
Our Elite Youth Road and Track Racers all under 23 posted some very significant results in their relatively short race career.There are currently 8 elite level racers aged cadet to espoir (16-20 years old) The junior (U19) racers have progressed from entry level to cycling in late 2012 to being National Champions in 2014! They are racing Road and Track to explore their abilities. Track has been identified as the most effective path for these young riders to master the sport and explore their potential.
The final goal for 2014 was the Junior Track Nationals in which they won the Junior Team Pursuit, Cadet Omnium and had a bronze in the Junior Omnium. This level of success was a surprise, but many elements were managed throughout their progression in 2 years, to facilitate it happening.
THE ACCOMPLISHMENTS “RACE TEAM” 2014
80 youths from various sports have joined us for Indoor training and riding development outdoors.
The TaG Race Team has evolved from this initiation to riding and racing. In under 2 short years they have become a forceful riding group. Racing road and track they have already a number of results. Now finishing first year , the Juniors, along with 3 espoir riders have had a promising list of accomplishments.
- Max Duso (17) won National Omnium Bronze and is Provincial Road Champion
- Brendan Armstrong (17) won bronze at Provincial Junior Road
- Cam Fitzmaurice (16)won the U 17 National and Provincial track omnium and is National Champion!
- Max Duso was top 10 in the Whistler Fondo Giro Race and all of the TaG Race Team were in the top 2 groups of racers in the Whistler Giro
- Duso,Armstrong,Morris and MacLeod National Team Pursuit Champions!!
Our Elite Mountain Bikers have also ridden incredibly well on the world stage.
Jack Iles – 2014 Jr World’s Team
- Crankworks 2014 – DH, Garbonzo and Air DH Jr Champion
- Canadian National Championships, 2014 – 2nd.
- Norco Factory Racing Team
Conrad Murdoch – BC Enduro Series #1 and #3, U19 1st place
- BC Enduro Series #2 and #4, U19 2nd place
- Oregeon Enduro Series #5, U19 3rd place
Finn Iles – 2014 Whip Off World Champion
- Canadian National Championship 2014. U17 3rd place
- Crankworks 2014 Garbonzo, U15, 1st
- Crankworks 2014 DH, U15, 1st
Georgia Astle – Canadian National Championships, 2014 U19 Citizen Champion
- Crankworks World Enduro Series #6 – 11th in Pro Category
- Crankworks 2014 – Garbonzo Jr Champion
- Mulitple Enduro wins in BC Enduro Cup.
For information on TaG Youth – Training to Train Programs Go to Youth Program