TaG Cycling and Cycleventures trip 2019.
Geneva to Nice: Downhill to Nice.
- To book your TaG /Cycleventures trip – email firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an impressive route to the Mediterranean as you cycle from near Lake Geneva into the French Alps within sight of incredible Mont Blanc and the breathtaking panoramas of the Haute Savoie region, over the Alpes de Haute Provence and deserted backroads of Provences’ Alpes Maritimes with a final descent to Nice and the palm strewn Cote d’Azur. Conquer historic high alpine passes made famous by the Tour de France like Col de Galibier, Col d’Iseran, Alpe d’Huez and more. Eight riders minimum needed to proceed with this departure.
Day 1, Saturday, July 13 – Welcome to Geneva
- Guides will meet you at the Geneva airport and transfer you to our hotel in nearby Bonneville, France.
- Overnight: Mont Blanc Hotel
Day 2, Sunday, July 14 – Cycle to Flumet – 75 km
- Our opening route takes us into France’s Haute Savoie region into the verdant foothills of the French Alps. Two cols are on our agenda today including the formidable Col de la Colombiere and Col des Aravis.
- Key climbs: Col de la Colombiere (1613m), Col des Aravis (1486m).
- Elevation: +1958m / -1521
- Overnight: Hotel Le Panoramic
Day 3, Monday, July 15 – Cycle to Val D’Isere – 102 km
- Keep an eye out over your left shoulder as today’s route skirts Europe’s highest peak, the impressive Mont Blanc. Another great day in the saddle as we tackle two formidable passes. Our destination is the world-renowned ski village of Val d’Isère.
- Key climbs: Col des Saisie (1650m), Cormet de Roselend (1967m).
- Elevation: +3553m / -2623
- Overnight: Hotel Bellier
Day 4, Tuesday, July 16 – Cycle to Valloire -108 km
- Start the day with an ascent out of Val d’Isere to the Col de Iseran as we cross the heart of the mountainous Haute Savoie region.
- Key climbs: Col de Iseran (2764m), Col de Telegraph (1586m),
- Elevation: +2224m / -2593m
Day 5, Wednesday, July 17 – Cycle to La Grave 121 km
- Another epic ride as we start the day with the monster 2646 m Col du Galibier, often the highest point of the Tour de France. Options today depending on how you’re feeling: end the day in La Grave (37km), or keep going to ride Alpe D’Huez and the Col de Sarenne. Tonight we bed down in one of France’s most beautoful mountain towns, La Grave.
- Key climbs: Col du Galibier (2646m), Alpe d’Huez (1250m), Col de Sarenne (1999m)
- Overnight: Auberge Edelweiss
- Elevation: +3847m / -3707m
Day 6, Thursday, July 18 – Cycle to Jausiers – 130 km
- Soon after you depart the hotel you’ll summit the Col du Lauraret and start a long downhill to historic Briancon. The air will become more fragrant and the landscape drier as you enter the Alpes de Haute Provence. Key climbs: Col du Lautaret (2058m), Col d’Izoard (2360m), Col de Vars (2109m).
- Overnight: Hotel l’Equipe
- Elevation: +3304m / -3583
Day 7, Friday, July 19 – Cycle to Rimplas – 85 km
- Today’s remote ride is defined by deserted roads in a rugged and semi-arid landscape with the Col d’Allos to keep you on your toes. Bed down in the heart of Haute Provence.
- Key climbs: Col d’Allos (2247m)
- Overnight: Hotel du Levant
- Elevation: +2104m / -2594m
Day 8, Saturday, July 20 – Cycle to Nice – 80 km
- Our final ride is downhill to Nice – after some gentle climbs its nearly 60 km of descending. Soon you’ll smell the salty air of the Mediterranean and start seeing palm trees. Key climbs: Col St.Martin (1500m), Col de Vence (963m).
- Overnight: Hotel de la Fontaine
- Elevation: +1386m / -2373m
Day 9 Sunday, July 21 – Au revoir!
- Your guides will drop you off at the Nice airport for your flight home.
Dates: Saturday, July 13 to Sunday, July 21, 2019
Duration: 8 nights, 9 days
Joining in: Geneva, Switzerland (departing Nice, France)
- Land cost per person: €2695
- Single room supplement: €480
- TaG Cycling Coach and Cycleventures Leader.
- Full-time van support w/water & snacks.
- Basic tool kit & floor pump.
- Airport pick-up & drop off (on scheduled days only).
- Bike case storage during the trip & transfer from Geneva to Nice.
- Eight nights two, three & four-star hotel accommodation.
- Michelin map, daily Map Sessions & GPS routes to be transferred to individual GPS’.
- All breakfasts, all lunches (pic-nic lunches on riding days) & three dinners.
- Welcome Reception with drinks & snacks.
- Detailed pre-departure information & trip extension assistance.
Does not include
- Your bike & related equipment to ride.
- Five dinners, alcoholic drinks & personal items.
- Energy supplements; gels, powders & bars.
- International airfare, airport taxes and excess baggage charges (if any).
- Alcoholic drinks, coffees & personal items.
- Personal travel & medical insurance.
- Optional tipping to guide.