TaG Cycling and Cycleventures trip 2019.
- To book your TaG /Cycleventures trip – email firstname.lastname@example.org
Take a stunning island with a rugged coastline dotted with fabulous beaches, add big mountains and timeless hilltop villages linked by challenging remote roads and sprinkle in attractive coastal cities. Next, pepper in historical sights, spike it with a taste-bud-teasing culinary scene and there you have it; Corsica, L’Ile de Beauté. This attractive destination is the perfect blend of challenging days in the saddle and just enough relaxation and beach time. Eight riders minimum needed to proceed with this departure.
Day 1, Sunday Sept 29: Welcome to Bastia, France.
- Arrive at Bastia airport and transfer 20 minutes to our hotel. This afternoon you’ll build your bikes and stroll around Bastia if you wish. We’ll meet at 7:30 PM and head out for dinner in the old port. Dinner included. Overnight: Hotel Pietracap
Day 2, Monday Sept 30 : Cycle to St. Florent – 106 km or 70 km
- After breakfast we’ll have our Trip Orientation and head out on the spectacular Cap Corse peninsula. Punctuated by Genoese watchtowers and charming coastal fishing villages, this is an amazing opening ride with some of the most beautiful coastal roads that you could imagine. Today’s destination is St. Florent, a chic resort with a laid-back atmosphere that’s been dubbed a mini-St. Tropez. 4071 feet (1241m) elevation gain. Breakfast included. Overnight: Hotel Tettola
Day 3, Tuesday Oct 1: Cycle to Algajola – 96 km
- Start the day crossing the spectacular Désert des Agriates, a sun-scorched area of chalky mountains. Then we head inland to very quiet and hilly roads linking hilltop villages with sweeping views of the mountains and sea. Tonight we bed down in the little seaside town of Algagola. 4137 feet (1261m) elevation gain. Breakfast, lunch & dinner included.
- Overnight: Hotel Beau Rivage
Day 4, Oct 2: Explore Algajola – 49 km
- Wake up in Algajola, a tiny seaside village with a perfect crescent beach and a few restaurants and cafés. We’ll have lunch in a tiny restored town perched on a hill. Some beach time is definitely recommended this afternoon. If you wish you can relax and not ride today. 3362 feet (1025m) elevation gain. Breakfast included. Overnight: Hotel Beau Rivage
Day 5, Oct 3: Explore Algajola – 98 km
- From sea level we’ll reach the high point of the trip, the 1099 meter Bocca di Battaglia. One route we’ll stop in the spectacular hill top town of Speloncato for coffee and a snack. Rather a day off the bike today? Hop the famous “beach train” to the picturesque port town of Calvi for lunch and some shopping. If you wish you can relax and not ride today. 4878 feet (1487m) elevation gain. Breakfast & dinner included. Overnight: Hotel Beau Rivage
Day 6, Oct 4: Cycle to Porto – 96 km
- Head out early on this remote and mind-blowing ride that snakes along the coast. Stunning panoramas of the sea and sun-kissed meadows will satistfy your eyes while the hills will challenge your body. Tonight we bed down in Porto, a small village in a superb setting, backed by sheer pink cliffs tumbling into a turquoise sea. 3690 feet (1125m) elevation gain. Breakfast included. Overnight: Hotel Les Flots Bleus
Day 7, Saturday Oct 5: Cycle to Ajaccio – 80 km
- Up is the only way out of Porto. Soon you’ll enter Les Calanques, a UNESCO World Heritage Site of geological formations with a spectacular road snaking through the formations and along a sheer cliff. Our destination is bustling seaside city of Ajaccio, made famous as the birthplace of Napoléon Bonaparte. 4186m (1276m) elevation gain. Breakfast & lunch included. Overnight: Hotel Napoleon.
Day 8, Sunday Oct 6: Au Revoir.
- This morning you’ll transfer to the Ajaccio airport for your flight home. Bon voyage!
- TaG cycling coach and Cycleventures leader
- Full-time van support w/ water & snacks.
- Basic tool kit & floor pump.
- Airport pick-up & drop off (on scheduled days only).
- Bike case storage & transfer from Bastia to Ajaccio.
- Seven nights three star hotel accommodation.
- Michelin maps, daily Map Sessions & GPS routes (to be transferred to individual GPS’ if desired).
- All breakfasts, two lunches, three dinners.
- Welcome Reception with drinks & snacks.
- Detailed pre-departure information, trip extention assistance.
Does not include.
- Your bike & related equipment to ride. High-performance bikes available to rent for €360 per week.
- Five lunches & three dinners, alcoholic drinks & personal items.
- Energy supplements; gels, powders & bars.
- International airfare, airport taxes and excess baggage charges (if any).
- Alcoholic drinks, coffees & personal items.
- Personal travel & medical insurance.
- Optional tipping to guide.
Details Dates: Sunday, Sept 29 to Sunday, Oct 6 2019
Duration: 7 nights, 8 days
Joining In:Bastia, France (departing Ajaccio, France)
Single room supplement: €425
Land Cost: €2565